Honey, did you cut the cheese again? Come on now. You could at least go outside and do it instead of assaulting my sinuses with your awful scent! It may be time to apologize, even if it was them a few times, and call for rat cleanup services. The dreadful smell of dead rodents rotting away amidst their urine and droppings is not something you want to spend time inhaling. Besides the smell, the accumulation of germs and pathogens raises red flags for your family’s health and should be addressed as swiftly as possible.
The Importance Of Rodent Remediation
Feces, urine, and dead rodents in your home are a cause for concern. Rodents carry and transmit several diseases that are spread through their excrements. Below are the diseases transmitted by rodents and how it affects humans:
- Rat-bite-fever – causes fever, vomiting, rash, headache, and muscle pain. If left untreated, it may lead to pneumonia, meningitis, infection of the heart, and sepsis.
- Salmonella – symptoms include diarrhea, chills, fever, and abdominal pain.
- Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome – Early symptoms include fatigue, fever, and muscle aches. Untreated, hantavirus could lead to fatality.
- Leptospirosis – an array of symptoms including high fever, jaundice, and muscle pains, and more. Untreated, it may lead to kidney damage, meningitis, respiratory distress, and even death.
- Tularemia – symptoms include mouth ulcers, fever, abdominal pain, and swollen tonsils. Untreated, it may cause pneumonia and fatality.
The risk of living in contaminated areas is an imminent threat to your health. Small children are at high risk because their curiosity often leads to complications, and tiny hands are always in their mouths.
It’s Time To Clean Up
Many companies that provide clean-up services are incredibly efficient and thorough. Whether the contaminated area is an attic, crawlspace, mobile home, or storage unit, disinfecting these areas clears out harmful contaminants and removes the pheromone trail, which may attract rodents back to your property. Since rats are primarily pack animals, you are guaranteed to have quite a large mess and considerable damage after an infestation. The entire area will need to be stripped, disinfected and repaired. After the clean-up is completed, it’s important to implement preventative measures to combat a possible reinfestation. Measures such as screening off entry points, setting up traps, and keeping your home and surroundings clean will all help prevent rat infestation.
Q: What’s a mouse’s favourite game?
A: Hide and squeak!
Call us today to speak to our knowledgeable staff about our rat clean-up services.