Fleas are most commonly brought in to your home by your pet dog or cat. The animals will pick up fleas from the lawn in the summer or from interaction with other infested animals.
How do I get rid of fleas?
- Fleas are difficult to eradicate on your own, in most cases you will require the help of a pest control professional.
- We recommend that you put your pet on a flea control program (there are several different products available through your local veterinarian)
- Use a flea shampoo on your pet
- Regular vacuuming will help eliminate adult fleas, larvae and eggs
- Your pets bedding should be laundered in hot water or disposed of to eliminate flea harborage