Are You Worried About Carpenter Ants?
Call Us Today: 250-753-6267
Many people think that carpenter ants are just a problem during the summer months, but they can pose a serious threat year-round. If you notice an increase in medium sized ants from October to March, you might just have a carpenter ant problem as they definitely pick up steam in these months.
If you see a large trail of ants (with wings) infiltrating your house siding or along entry points for utility lines, laundry exhausts, let us know! Old Island Pest Control offers quick, prompt, same-day service and we back it up with a 1-year warranty on our results.
Learn How to Spot Carpenter Ants
Before you can eliminate the enemy, you need to understand its appearance and behaviour. Here are a few ways to recognize carpenter ants:
- Modoc and Vicinus are the most common carpenter ant species in British Columbia. The Modoc is all black, while the Vicinus has a red thorax but a black head and abdomen. Most of these critters are between .635 cm and 1.9 cm in size.
- Carpenter ants actively forage for their food; in this case, their food is the wood inside your home.
- Carpenter ants are winged ants that often reproduce inside your home.
- In most cases, carpenter ants enter via utility entrance points and under your home’s siding. Watch the ants’ comings and goings before you report this information to your pest control technician.
- Carpenter ants do not respond to regular household insecticide (such a treatment may make ants disperse and cause further problems later). Likewise, drops and ant traps don’t eliminate the problem.
Eliminate Carpenter Ants Now
Carpenter ants are no joke. You can call an exterminator now for several hundred dollars or wait until damages reach into the thousands of dollars. Don’t let carpenter ants wreck your home’s structure. Let us take care of the problem now.
Please complete this form for a no obligation quote
Or call us right away here: 250-753-6267
And remember: although we specialize in carpenter ant control in Nanaimo, we can eliminate all ant species that invade your home.